Thursday, November 4, 2010

Scrambled Eggs

Yesterday I departed San Diego and flew out to visit my sister for a week in Eugene, OR.  At the airport I ate an overpriced $8 chicken sandwich that was dry and bland :(  Writing this reminds me that half of it is still in my travel bag and should be disposed of ASAP ew.

Anyway, being with my sister means less eating out at delicious but expensive restaurants I can barely afford and more making food at home.  We went grocery shopping at Trader Joe's yesterday after I arrived.  I've heard a lot of people raving about how awesome TJ is but we're only just having one built in the KC area so it was my first time in one. 


This morning we ate scrambled eggs and chocolate croissants.  The eggs had freshly chopped basil, garlic, and pepperjack cheese.  It was flavourful without being too overpowering.  At home my father likes to make scrambled eggs with coconut oil which is also amazing.  The croissants were light and flaky and the chocolate was subtle and not too sweet.  Overall is was a nice filling breakfast without being heavy.

6 comments:

  1. Mmm i'll definitely have to try that with my eggs. Croissants are also my fav.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yumm eggs and pepperjack are bomb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. basil and garlic, i will have to try that

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds better than my bland eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My girlfriend loves scrambled eggs, but I suck at making them.

    :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trader Joe's is ok if you want pre-made food that you just have to heat up at home. If you really want fresh ingredients and international stuff, you have to go to Whole Foods or a specialty store.

    ReplyDelete